GOALS, EXPECTATIONS AND RULES FOR RAIDERS
Our goal as a guild and a raid are to promote a positive and friendly raid environment while striving to achieve the best progression based on our two days a week raid schedule.
If you plan to be a progression raider, regardless of Heroic/Mythic, if it is a new boss, it is progression, you will need to meet these guidelines:
- We expect everyone in the guild to treat each other with respect.
- Everyone is expected to have a working mic and be able to talk on Discord when needed for a particular fight.
- On progression content, or on fights that require coordination please keep the comms free for the Officers/Raid Leader to communicate instructions. Keep a level head and discuss change in tactics between pulls. This is a game. Have fun and respect each other.
- ZERO TOLERANCE FOR RAGING. If you are raging you will be kicked from raid and Discord until you calm down. Future repeats will result in temporary ban from raids and Discord and leading towards a gkick for repeatable offenses. We strive to promote a fun and positive environment people want to come back to week after week to raid and progress.
- You must maintain an 80% attendance rate. We are actively tracking this now.
- As well as maintaining this attendance rate you need to post out any days you will miss. This is very easy to do as Discord is accessible by phone.
Knowledge/Preparation of Fights
- At a bare minimum open the dungeon journal. Know how much each mechanic hits for and how long it lasts. Watch a Youtube video guide at least twice or more until you understand the mechanic and are confident in executing it. You should be able to explain the fight based on your role(s) to another person as a gauge of knowledge.
- We also expect for you to come prepared with ample flasks and potions for the night, as well as all of your gear properly enchanted and gemmed.
Knowledge of Class
- You know how to sim your character. What your stat weights are. What is an upgrade, what is your BIS.
- You also know how to read Warcraftlogs.com rankings and understand what certain traits, talents and trinket choices are fight to fight. We are asking people to aim for effective throughput for their classes. A minimum of 50% average is the cut off. This means you are average compared to everyone else who is in a raid that is logged on warcraftlogs. (Healers are unique as the actual ranking depends on the number of healers and how well people execute mechanics.) DPS in particular we are looking for a minimum of 80% rankings on average by the end of the raid tier.
These are all basic things for progression raiders to follow. If you want to be a backup raider, and only plan on Normal / Heroic please let an Officer know so we can adjust the roster accordingly and recruit based on this. It is expected that you come in with the same level of preparation as a Progression Raider.
PEOPLE NOT MEETING THE EXPECTATIONS SET ABOVE EXPECT TO SIT ON CURRENT PROGRESSION CONTENT. WORK ON IMPROVING YOURSELF TO MEET THE EXPECTATIONS AND EXCEED THEM AT ALL TIMES.
Battle of Dazar’alor Recruitment
Paladin Rogue Shaman Warlock Monk Druid